Thursday, July 31, 2014

VCCA

I spent 3 wonderful weeks in April as a fellow at the Virginia Center for Contemporary Arts.  
.
VCCA entrance from the main road





I worked in the printmaking studio and had the chance to further explore transparent gesso as a substitute for the carborundum aquatint process. I did bring some plates with me that had been made with carborundum but for all the new work I used the transparent gesso.  There are only one or two images that I consider "finished" but I did a lot, learned a lot, brought back home a lot of ideas and working proofs.  I met a great group of people, visual artists, writers and composers.
 
work in progress

studio-work in progress
studio-work in progress
studio-work in progress
studio-work in progress

press and work tables

road up to the studios




 Thank you VCCA     http://www.vcca.com/main/index.php


No comments:

Post a Comment